Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Just in my head
The nights grow so cold I lay here crying they won't stop and there is no one that can make them I drive to a far off place where I grow tired and then rest I sleep under the stars in the dark of the night away from the fear away from the fight it's safe here though I still feel afraid I am safe at least for now I sleep it's cold so cold and yet I sleep I wake in the morning in the sight of the lake in the sight of you the water is glisoning under the morning sun it us still cold I look out towards the specks on the water top and think of you think of how I wrote to you and burned it here so that you may read it I come here often and now this is where I sleep this is my sanctuary from the darkness if the four walls that surrounded me I watch the ducks swim on by thinking that they will be gone soon gone for the winter to somewhere new I think how great that would be just to pick up and leave when ever I want to escape it's getting warmer now as the day breaks the sun is up the sky is blue what a day this will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment